Peter's collection of weird and wonderful links
In the 10+ years that I have been a "netizen" I have run across assorted links that are fun, weird, curious and otherwise noteable. Here's a sampling of what I mean, have fun with them. And, as with my other pages, if you think I should have included one of YOUR favorite links, please .
- Get better informed about Peter's favourite beverage or try.
- Here an irreverend look at a church. WARNING: not for the religiously faint of heart!!
- Want to have some fun with friends/acquaintances? Try AprilFools.
- Ever wish you could translate/read those foreign sites you sometimes come across? Well, AltaVista now has a GREAT on-the-fly translation facility for the most common Germanic languages. Go to Babelfish next time you come across a French or German site you would like to be able to understand better. Recognize though that while words may be easily translated, grammar and idioms seldom are.
- Send e-cards from Blue Mountain, Happybirthday.com or Boomtown City.
Here's a few websites to check before passing on any "warning" messages. It's sometimes hard tell what is true, these should help you from getting caught up in the hoax! Everyone has done it at one time or another. Hope these are of help.
- Computer Virus Myths
- Learn stuff about hoaxes
- The Musem of Hoaxes , where you find some choice ones:)
- the spam letters
- Urban legends can be found here, and you go here for the Darwin awards.
Seeing as a great deal of this site deals with flowers and plants and stuff, go plant surfing with the links you find here: